‘Wake me up, and then fuck me up’ were the famous words that preceded the creation of the Espresso Martini.
The Espresso Martini was invented by Dick Bradsell in London. He was working at the Soho Brasserie, and was close to the coffee machine when a girl came in who later became a famous supermodel. Although he never confirms that, many people are convinced that it was Kate Moss who ordered a drink with the words: “wake me up, then fuck me up”. It inspired him to achieve exactly that with coffee, coffee liqueur, martini and vodka.
After many tests, we recommend the Moyee Triple blend. Along with the coffee liqueur brings the beautiful blend of fruity notes with chocolate and caramel aromas. Because of the Dik&Schil, of course coffee is thick, but also a little bit of orange zest. The high intensity and light aftertaste of the Triple brings this up nicely!
Dik&Schil has teamed up with Moyee to make a liqueur from coffee grounds left over from restaurants where Moyee is drunk. The coffee will have a second life. So you can enjoy this delicious drink with peace of mind.
STEP BY STEP
– Shaker, or pot
– Moyee Triple Blend coffee
– Thick&Peel Coffee Liqueur
– Vodka (of your choice)
– Martini glass (chilled)
– Sugar water (optional)
Tip 1: Shake the ingredients vigorously in a cocktail shaker. After shaking, pour the Espresso Martini through a sieve in the glass. This gives the cocktail a nice and smooth foam layer on top and that’s what you want!
Tip 2: Cool the glass in which the Espresso Martini is served in advance. Put the glass in the fridge or freezer or cool it with some ice cubes.
Tip 3: Use good and freshly brewed espresso in the cocktail, as it produces the tastiest cocktail. Allow the coffee to cool down first, so that the ice cream in the shaker does not melt immediately when you add the espresso.
1. Take a shaker or pot. Basically everything that is lockable works as a shaker!
2. Put a cup of Espresso of 50 ml and add this. We recommend the Triple Blend for this Espresso Martini.
3. Add 50 ml coffee liqueur. Of course, use moyee’s circular coffee liqueur made by Dik&Schil.
4. Add 50 ml vodka, brand of choice!
5. Shake this hard with ice for 15 seconds to create a creamy layer.
6. Pour through a filter so that the ice does not enter the glass into a martini glass.
7. Garnish with 3 coffee beans.